Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Sistas

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden. ~Author Unknown

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega

One of the best things about being an adult is the realization that you can share with your sister and still have plenty for yourself. ~Betsy Cohen

Sister to sister we will always be,
A couple of nuts off the family tree.
~Author Unknown

It's hard to be responsible, adult and sensible all the time. How good it is to have a sister whose heart is as young as your own. ~Pam Brown

You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they're the only ones who don't get bored if you talk about your memories. ~Deborah Moggach


5 comments:

marta said...

nimmy,
i love these quotes and these sweet pictures. you find such artistic items to post! you are a dream sista and i learn so much from the way you are who you are.

thank you for being such an influential & special, older & wiser sis. i love you.

Travelin'Oma said...

A sister is a piece of your childhood that you can keep. I'll never forget a sweet blessing in a time of sorrow was when my mom died, and I suddenly found myself back in the family I grew up in. It was a wonderful place to visit. I realized how fundamental and eternal our friendship with each other is.

kelly said...

Sisters are truly wonderful things. When my mom brought home Kerry, I was excited to have a new baby. I definitely did not realize how close we would become... it is a very different relationship than that which I have with my brothers. With an 11 year age difference I don't think I ever expected to become "good friends" with her. And yet she is one of my best friends. I love her youth and vitality for life. As an older sister, it is so much fun to see her grow and mature. I love having a sister!

Heidi said...

Those are really great quotes. Flowers from the same garden... what a cute way of saying it. I do appreciate my sistas, too.
I feel like I am the slacker, uncommunicative sister who doesn't like to get too smushy & gaga about stuff... but since I'm having a load of girls in my house, I've decided to try to be more in touch with that feminitity of sisterhood. It's beautiful and really a great way to go about life. I pulled a lot of strength from my sisters and still do. I hope you know that I am the person I am because of my sisters. I learn so much from you guys - it's great. Love, Heed

Travelin'Oma said...

I've always thought Heed was very smushy and gaga.