Monday, November 5, 2007

Happy Holidays!

So it's a few days after Halloween. My jack-o-lanterns are still out and my big bowl of candy is still by the front door. I love decorating, I just HATE undecorating. That's why I'm on the campaign to stop Thanksgiving decorating and skip right to Christmas decorating. Can I please put up my tree tonight? I would only have my Thanksgiving decorations up for two weeks and then I would procrastinate putting them away and, therefore, miss precious days that my Christmas decorations could have been up.

We got a new tree for our front room this year. It's 15 feet tall. I'm so excited to decorate it! I love the idea of having a "Family Tree" like Pottery Barn has featured. Do any of you have ideas of how I could expedite this idea without breaking the bank?

7 comments:

anna jo said...

I think it's so sad that thanksgiving is the overlooked holiday. every year it's straight from halloween decor to christmas. though I must admit, I secretly want to put up the christmas tree too. I'm excited for the holiday season.

Jake said...

yayyy! i think thanksgiving and christmas can coexist in harmony. it's so much work to put up...why not a little early and we can enjoy it a few weeks more?

where are you putting your awesome tree?

also, i have made a little promise to myself to throw pb catalogs directly into the trash without looking. otherwise i will way overspend or at least hate my house for 24 hours.

would love to see photos of your decor. don't you think a parade of blogs would be fun at christmas?

kelly said...

i'm with you on the whole undecorating thing. it totally sucks! although, i have to admit, i'm not really ready for christmas. i need a little breathing room. i love the idea of the family tree... can't wait to see pics!

melissa walker said...

We usually don't put up a Christmas Tree because we travel every year, but this year I told my husband we should get an artificial, pre-lit one so it wouldn't be as hard to undo in January! Target always has pretty good PB knock-off looks. I found silver snowflakes there for $.99 yesterday! You can also find more inexpensive frames at craft stores. Maybe your girls could decorate their own frames. I also thought about putting a picture of our family in a "year frame" from that year. 1998, 1999, 2000, etc. and see how your family changes over time!

Travelin'Oma said...

I love the idea of a Christmas Parade of blogs.

It's not PB, but canning jar lids with a school photo were always a hit with the nursery crowd. In fact, I've got a few to contribute.

Polly said...

I combine Halloween and Thanksgiving into one "tribute" that's what we call decorating in our house. Then you decorate once in Sept and then once after Thanksgiving.

Marianne said...

I'm all about putting Christmas out early. I can relate about Thanksgiving decorations...I have about 3 little items...