Sunday, April 6, 2008

Answered Prayers

Heavenly Father never fails me! I felt like His servant, Elder Ballard, was speaking right to me in General Conference today. My last post was full of frustration and unanswered questions about being a mother. And now the Lord has given me reassurance, counsel and optimism. I am grateful for the words Elder Ballard spoke about young mothers. I can't wait to dissect his message when it comes out in print.

8 comments:

melissa walker said...

Thanks for posting this! We were traveling and missed conference. I think young moms often feel the way you described in your last blog. It is hard to feel like you've done all you need to in a day as well as keeping yourself happy. I loved what Elder Ballard said to moms and to all those that support moms. What an inspired leader to know what we are all going through and just what we need to hear--the most important thing is loving your kids!

Wendi said...

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this talk! I love that we have a church where our prophet and apostles are so in touch with OUR DAY. I went online yesterday to reread it, but it hadn't been posted yet.

Aimee said...

You are right... this was a great talk. I loved everything he said. Unfortunately I was cleaning up after my messy birds and they were complaining and wanting to go outside during his talk. I will have to listen to it again. Thank goodness for TiVo!

julib said...

Amen! This was just what I needed to hear! I think you can download it on Thursday?

Kirkland's said...

I missed it, and look forward to reading it! Thanks for the tip.

Lisa Cannon said...

I was so excited that he wrote my talk for me! I really loved it and will use a lot of what he said. I also loved how he spoke to the children!!

Jake said...

Yes...I think a lot of prayers were answered by this talk! Isn't it great that the leaders of our church are so inspired and care not just about the "inactives" and the "unconverted"...but also about the people who are keeping it all together and running the wards and families all over the church?

Travelin'Oma said...

This talk is such a tribute to young mothers. It helps to hear someone so respected recognize and validate the difficulty you face and solve every day.