Sunday, September 28, 2008

Ministering Angel

"God does notice us, and he watches over us, but it is usually through another person that he meets our needs." -Spencer W. Kimball


So the last two weeks have been particularly rough for me. Worries for my children, that are meant for another blogging time, had almost driven me to insanity. I usually have my mom, my MIL, and my friend to go to with worries like these. But, in the midst of this small crisis, I found myself without any of them. They were all out of town at the same time! I was a bit lost. As a side note to all of my good friends out there, please don't be hurt that I didn't call you. I truly know that I could have confided in any one of you and been given sound advice, but I became a bit blind and bewildered in my worry.

Just as I have done in the past, I became introverted trying to work out the problem on my own. This worked to some extent, but I still needed an outside opinion. I began praying about a huge decision that was looking me in the face when out of the blue, my darling older sister called. With busy schedules and kids acting crazy at both ends of the wire, it's not often that we can chat on the phone. But in my time of need, she called and asked how I was.



I knew right when I saw her number on caller id that she was the answer to my prayers. Wiping away tears I answered the phone to hear her bubbly voice ask how I was doing. And then she got quite an earful. Being the great educator and mother that she is, she had the wisdom to know what to say to me. Her words talked me out of the frenzy that I had created over the last two weeks! All the worry, anxiety and insanity were replaced by a clear head and calm breathing. After just a few minutes on the phone with her I knew what I needed to do (and, to Sco's credit, he had the right answer all along). So this post is to thank Gabi for acting on a feeling and also to thank my Heavenly Father for using her as His ministering angel. Love you!

6 comments:

Jake said...

Wow, Nim! Thanks...I was ironically calling to get help from you!!! It's nice that even long-distance we can help each other. Love you too!

Travelin'Oma said...

Until your kids all grow up you won't know how much this post thrills me! Our greatest desire as parents was that you would learn to love and serve one another. You have all made our dreams come true.

brees said...

Amy, How neat that you have someone so special to live and learn from! I hope that you are doing well.

kimM said...

Your girls are darling. You have a real talent when it comes to writing--I enjoyed what I read.

Jaden said...

How nice it is to have your sister call at the right time to be there for you!

P.S. I would never guess that you worry at all - you've got it all together, and a superb family to boot!

mama jo said...

aren't big sisters wonderful? mine have always been there for me also...