Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Wish It Was Saturday. . .

Go to your happy place, Amy, just go to your happy place. That's all I could think when Matt noticed there was a mouse in my house Sunday night. Thank goodness my manly husband, our expert hunter Matt and brave, brave Ronda were at our house when the mouse manifested its evil little self. How could such a little thing as a mouse drive me from my house? Because after setting four traps and having a restless night sleep the varmint was STILL at large! I calmly fled to Heidi's house for the whole day yesterday. Baby Benji, Marta, Oma, Jill, Liza, Lucy, Chelsea, Ashley, Chloe and Jess were all great distractions, but I couldn't help thinking my home was being invaded! Hopeful that the pest would have met the trap, I waited for Sco to call with the all-clear. No such luck! Is it bad to pray for a small, helpless animal to die? What I thought would be another restless night ended early when we heard a SNAP and a tiny SQUEAK while in bed last night. My prayers were answered, but now I felt sorry for the creature! He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, that feeling of guilt fell away while I slept and I awoke this morning happy that the nightmare was over.

6 comments:

Lisa Cannon said...

I WOULD DIE! Luckily (knock on wood) we haven't had any experiences like that in our house. When Mark and I were first married, we lived in some nice apartments in Midvale. We lived on the main floor and we had mice. IT WAS DISGUSTING and we moved shortly after into our home. I WOULD DIE!!! Don't feel bad. The are so filthy!

Jake said...

You didn't want to keep it for a pet?

julib said...

This is too good. I have been there!! I was terrorized by the little creature. I say they deserve to die if they come in my house!! Did you try peanut butter on the trap? Cheese can be taken without setting off the trap.

LaTour said...

Amy- I have had this happen! I totally know how you feel! In fact I told Dennis I wanted to move....fast! I have to say it is somewhat comforting to have someone else to bond with over this!!! I am glad you caught it!-Emily

Marianne said...

Cute that you try to make yourself feel better by saying the mouse was "in the wrong place at the wrong time". I will try harder now to keep more doors shut. I have found them mysteriously open at certain times (that would be my boys)and wondered..."was that 2 hours or only 1?"

Aimee said...

HILARIOUS!