Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Day To Remember. . .



Saturday was such a fun day! Thanks to our friends who invited all three of our girls to a party at Bouncin' Off the Walls, we were all able to get out a lot of energy in the morning. After pizza and birthday cake (thanks again for taking care of us, Dunns), we ventured over to the Pumpkin Patch.



The sun was shining so we were surprised at how cold the air was. After finding a Daddy Pumpkin, a Mommy Pumpkin and three Girly Pumpkins, I ran with the kids back to the warm car. Daddy Pumpkin stood in the line to pay. When he got to the car his amount of pumpkins multiplied! Four pie pumpkins and a dozen Jack-Be-Littles were added to the cart.



The girls were all behaving so well that we decided it wasn't quite time to go home! We announced that we'd be heading to their favorite place. Purchasing a family pass to the Discovery Gateway was one of the best things we've ever done. It gives us the excuse and the freedom to go there as often as our girlies want. They never get tired of that place. It's always fun to see what craft the museum has for the day. Saturday we made witch puppets. Don't bother me kids, I'm coloring! I don't think I'll ever get too old to color. We ended our museum visit abruptly when Ashley didn't make it to the bathroom.



That's ok though, because we ended up having Chef Sco cook us up some burgers and steaks with ice cream sundaes for dessert! After baths we watched a few choice Huey, Duey, and Luey cartoons while hair was prepared for Sunday morning. Bedtime was a dream since the girls were so tuckered out. Catching up on Pushing Daisies and then planning a last minute trip to Las Vegas over UEA was a great end to this day.

Days like this don't happen very often, but when they do, I wish I could live in slow motion. It was a fantastic day.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

Hmmm... I wonder who put those extra items to purchase in the cart? Could it be my shopping friend, Amy?

Lisa Cannon said...

I love fun family days like that. Nothing beats them!

brees said...

I love those care-free, family fun days! Looks like you had a lot of fun. One our favorite places to go is the pumpkin patch! I am also pleased to hear you got rid of your univited furry friend!!

Meredith said...

That is a lot for one day! I love the picture of Mary and Ashley.

Marianne said...

I'm glad to hear you love the Children's Museum...I think that's our next purchase after our zoo pass expires. That one was a doozy - for me - the boys love it!
Looks like you're having way too much fun!