Dear Neglected Garden,
I am so sorry that I haven't come to visit all summer. This would have been a great season for gardening with all the rain and cool days we've had. But it just wasn't meant to be. Don't be glum. I couldn't help it!
It's just that, I had more important things to do! This season I decided to put all my efforts into raising three lovely little blooms. Most of the time they were happy to grow all by themselves, but the weeds of contention would come if I wasn't nearby. So I happily sat and watched my blossoms.
So, while you were sprouting weeds, I was busy. . .

Growing relationships. . .

Nurturing good feelings. . .

Watering and re-watering my blossoms. . .

Feeding them. . .

Keeping them in warm sunlight. . .

Enjoying their beauty. . .

And learning to be a master gardener by observing old pros. . .
So my sweet garden, hidden in the depths of despair, I hope you understand. There were times this summer that I would glance over at you and feel guilty for all the neglect. But now that the season is over, I realize, you will always be there needing to be weeded and tended. The sprouts I took care of for the past three months will go on to greener pastures sooner than I would like. Therefore, I had to choose between two good things and I chose the best.
Love,
Nimmy

1 comment:
This is the best secret of Nim—you're a 100% mom!
Post a Comment