
During Sacrament Meeting yesterday, Jessica was being very fidgety. To get her to sit still I started whispering to her. I asked her what she loved about Jesus. After a lot of thought, she pointed to her hands and asked if she would have to get nails in her hands and hang on that "star thing" like Jesus. It was hard to explain in a whisper and I wasn't doing a very good job helping her understand the Crucifixion. So, after a strong feeling I should, I went up to bear my testimony. I told the congregation what Jess asked me and then went on to bear my testimony of the Atonement. I told Jess that we don't have to suffer like Jesus. If we do what is right and try our best, Jesus has made it possible for us to live peacefully and return to Heavenly Father. It's a simple truth, children can understand the atonement without knowing all the details. I'm thankful for Christ's gospel. It is "plain and precious."
3 comments:
Isn't that awesome that you can comfort a child's fears with truth? For your girls to hear that clarity from their mom is very precious.
So sweet...you are such a spiritual giant! I stand in awe...
That is awesome!
Post a Comment