Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Greatest Compliment

My darling sister gave me the greatest compliment when she asked me my thoughts on interior design. This darling sister who makes life beautiful wanted my advice. It was fun to take pics of my house like a real photo shoot for a magazine. The results of her interview are now posted on her blog.

I want her to know how I feel about her, so let me introduce you to Gabi like I see her. As the oldest child and my only big sis I have always been in awe of Gabi. She sings like a bird and could harmonize perfect with my mom. She has always been very good with children. She has a very artistic hand; I always try to copy her handwriting. She is a welcoming host and is always anxious to have me around. When I've visited her world I stand in her kitchen as she runs circles around me. This woman has so much energy. What I love most about my sis is her sense of humor. Her laugh is infectious.

I've always wanted to be just like Gabi. I tried to get good grades just like her. I wanted to go to BYU just like her. I wanted to meet my hottie husband early in school and live on love when money was scarce. I wanted to buy a cute little fixer-upper and make it absolutely adorable. I still want to exercise and become a tiny thing like she has. Before she comes to visit I quickly remember all the little details she does to make a visit special (magazines and candy in a basket on the bed, activities planned, and dinners to die for). And last, but not least, I want to live the gospel like I see her do. She is a great example to me. I want her to know how much she has influenced me in my life. Love you to pieces, sista!

9 comments:

Wendi said...

Hi Amy! Thanks for the invite! What cute sisters you are.

I see you're reading New Moon. Oh, I loved the journey through that series. I laugh at how obsessed I was. I couldn't put them down! After you finish #3 you'll have to us if you are a Jacob or Edward fan.

al + sar said...

You and Gabi are such cute sisters, I loved reading your tributes to each other. And your house is darling...I'll definitely be coming to you for help with my next house.

Travelin'Oma said...

I love knowing you guys love each other. For a mom, it doesn't get any better!

marta said...

you both are the best big sistas a girl could have. you both have quite a knack for turning a house into a home. such gorgeous photos and fun interview, nimmy.

melissa walker said...

I also love how you both pay tribute to each other on your blogs! I don't know Gabi as well as I know you and Heidi, but I know if she's your sister, she's the best!

Lisa Cannon said...

You guys have such a great realtionship. That is so great! She sounds like such an amazing person. I'm going to check out her blog now...

Jake said...

Nim! I just found this...SOOO sweet! I am going to print this out and put it in my journal for bad days when I need to remember somebody loves me. Can't wait to see you in May and give you a giant hug. XOXOXO til then.

Kirkland's said...

I read Gabi's blog, what a sweet sister and what talent you have! I started quilting last year, but haven't finished...I love quilt shops and dream about being a great quilter!

Wendi said...

Amy--it was just that vinyl lettering that you rub on with a credit card. Super easy.