Staying home all day didn't sound too fun. My girlies proved me wrong. I forgot about the dishes that were piling up. I forgot about the laundry that needed to be put away. I forgot about the toilets that needed to be scrubbed. Instead of doing the mundane I watched my kids play. I turned on a sprinkler and filled up the wadding pool. It was a summer day like I remember them. I need to remember the best part of being the mom is seeing the world through my children's eyes.
Note to self: Slow down and enjoy the simple things in life.
6 comments:
We think we have to provide something new, but for kids everything is equally new. Playing hopscotch is as new as Disneyland. I think we plan the big things because we've already experienced the little things. We forget that kids haven't.
Good reminder.
that looks like so much fun, nim. way to make fun memories! i love your cute blog template and your li'l girlies. what a fun way to record their thoughts. looking forward to seeing you REAL soon.
PS. i keep thinking about you whenever i see the previews for Kit.. we will definitely have to go see it.
You are such a good mom!
Just like Elder Ballards talk. I really need to slow down and relax. Today we went swimming and it was so much fun just being with my kids without any distractions.
Slooooooow Doooooooooooown,Slooooooow Dooooooooown...
You and your girls are so cute. Take time to keep enjoying each other.
Post a Comment