Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day Jitters

Have you ever had a LOUD dream? I woke up this morning at 4:00 a.m. and realized how loud my thinking was. I know it's because I'm having anxiety over 1st Grade. This is just like me to get all worked up over something new. In a few days I will be asking myself, "What was the big deal?" But for now I think it would help the volume in my brain go down if I could list what's worrying me.

1. Will I remember to give Chloe lunch money?
2. Will she starve if I don't remember the lunch money?
3. Would it be more nutritious if I sent her with a sack lunch?
4. Will Chloe get lost between getting off the bus and getting to her classroom?
5. Will she feel neglected in a classroom of 30 students?
6. Am I a bad mother since I didn't act on my desire to homeschool her?
7. Will I miss her too much?

Last night, Chloe blogged about how excited she is for 1st Grade. She even apologized to all of us who wish we were in 1st Grade. She knows that this will be her most exciting year so far. I'm glad to know what she's thinking. It has helped me realize that she is ready for this.

So instead of holding Chloe's enthusiasm back because of my own worries and anxieties, I will celebrate this adventure with her. She will do great.

6 comments:

Jake said...

First grade was the best year of my life. Chloe will adore it!

michele84084 said...

Gabe is excited as well! He thought he was sitting next to
Chloe and he was so happy and relieved to have someone he knew sitting next to him. It was only later he found it out it was a different Chloe. :( Everything turned out great though I'm sure he still wishes Chloe was in his class!

Jaden said...

Your daughter blogs?!?!? WOW!

anna jo said...

I had no idea you had/have the desire to homeschool... would you ever actually do it?

Marianne said...

If it makes you feel any better, I already get hives when I think about Rhett going to Kindergarten....and I already feel guilty too because I think homeschooling would be great, but I have too many excuses. Anyway, she's a smart girl and certainly will thrive in almost any environment!

Aimee said...

First grade is a big adjustment. She will do great!