Today my daughters came home from school and found a surprise in their room. A creation made from the imagination and heart of their number one fan, their mom. I attempted and succeeded in creating a small mural to adorn one of their walls. There was a big empty space above their mirror that just wouldn't leave me alone! It screamed to be painted, so I dipped in and did it. This ended up being a two hour project that I'm confident any of you could do.
Here are the keys to success:
1) plan ahead
2) make a sketch on the wall with a light pencil
3) use three sizes of paint brushes and block out the basic shapes with paint
4) lightly sand some of the paint off for dimension
5) use a brand new permanent marker to outline your painting and/or words

I had so much fun with this project! The greatest reward was seeing how anxious my girls were to clean their room so we could do a photo shoot of the new wall art.
16 comments:
I LOVE it! It turned out even cuter than the sketch you showed me. Yeah for you for getting it done and doing it so well! Then again, it's entirely what I would expect from you...
That is so cute!! Your girls are so lucky to have such a talented Mom!!
seriously so cute, nimmy. i actually can't believe you didn't do it long before now!! i love it. it's a shout out to your last name and pushing daisies..
xo.
give your girls a squeeze..
You need to come visit and help me with poor Hannah's wall. She's been BEGGING for flowers on the wall for three years now. I have no idea where to start. Yours is so, so cute.
I love it! Doesn't it look fabulous!? Wonderful job Amy.
1. No. Lots of us CANNOT do something like this.
2. You are seriously talented my friend. It looks amazing!
3. Your girls are lucky. Their number one fan is awesome!
4. That song just makes me happy. I love TMBG!
Cute cute cute! I love doing things like that! How fun!
Cute tribute to your three little Robins! Your darling wall murals are your trademark!
Thanks for the idea! I even feel like I could do that! SO inspiring! My word verification is "untush". I guess that is like get off your tuish and do something creative!
The wall art is darling! I am so not brave enough to do something like that. You really are talented. And what a cute idea to surprise them!
ADORABLE!! So talented!! :)
that is way cute! i am impressed with your painting skills and your creativity. way to go Amy.
That is simply divine Amy! I love the colors, and of course, the bird.
Just one question.....
Is there anything you CAN'T do?
That is absolutely adorable!
that is darling...you are so talented
SOOO dang cute, Nimmy! I am hoping you will come to AZ and help me decorate my new house. Wouldn't that be a fun getaway?!!
Post a Comment