
Thursday was a momentous day. I never want to forget this feeling of accomplishment. I had been dreaming of this day for way too long. So many tries and so many fails. And now here we are on the success train. Woohoo!
My reason for celebrating: EACH OF MY CHILDREN ATE THE DINNER I MADE! Not only did they eat it, but they liked it! And not only did they like it, they finished it!
Is it bad to have my kids eat the same thing for dinner for the rest of their lives?
I'd like to thank the creators of Pediasure for starting us on this long journey. Also, I would be ungrateful if I didn't give a shout out to Hebrew Nationals for their palatable "fluffy meat". But now, I'm happy to say, we've moved on to bigger and better things. I'm proud to unveil my secret recipe that has taken me from Short-order Cook to Su Chef at Chez Robinson.
I call it: Homemade Bacon Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper. The name stems from the need to explain food in terms my children will understand with the word Cheeseburger to start the saliva flowing.
Now, don't get all upset by the word homemade. It just means that instead of creating a dinner out of one box, I made a meal with fresh ingredients. Take your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe, add half a pound of browned ground beef and three strips of cooked bacon crumbled on top. Now all I need to do is add a veggie that is tasteless, odorless and colorless and I'll have a complete balanced meal!
What will your pickiest picky children eat?
6 comments:
My picky children would eat French Toast, Grilled Cheese, and Thinnies. Except Min wouldn't eat Thinnies or French Toast. I don't think I ever had everyone eat a meal without complaining, except for a Heidi Supper (raw carrots, celery, apples, raisins, cold cut up hot-dogs, and sunflower seeds eaten right off the counter like birdseed.)
I think I have post traumatic stress syndrome after 30 years of picky eaters!
Don't you just hate dinner time? I do! It makes me so FRUSTRATED! I'll have to try your winner. Thanks!
Other than pizza, the only dinner that doesn't get complaints is a mixture of hashbrowns, ham, egg, and cheese, served with toast... and I have been working on it for 14 years!! Good Luck!
This totally cracks me up! Amy that was great! It is in the Mann/Halliday genetic make-up that you must love Spaghetti! Our entire fam loves it and luckily that spaghetti gene has been passed to our team!
BTW-I Capture the Castle is one of my most FAVORITE BOOKS EVER!
Funny, I just wrote an entry about the same frustration. All of my kids eat original hamburger helper, pizza, and spaghetti so long as Beth doesn't have sauce on hers. Your mac-n-cheese sounds good to me!
If I have any children,which I probably will,I think for dinner they'd always ask for Homemade Macaroni and Cheese!
Post a Comment