
My dad, W. Dee Halverson, is an historian. His business niche is writing and publishing books about local history including businesses, individuals and events. I've had the opportunity to work side by side with him on several of his projects as his graphic designer. A month ago, I finished one of my all-time favorite projects, a book entitled The LDS Conference Center. A great feeling of responsibility came over me as I began this project. Not only a responsibility to my father/client, but to the mission of the LDS Church! This building is a gathering place envisioned by a prophet of God! I felt the need to pray many times during the creation of this book, wanting the guidance to design a book worthy to represent this wonderful building and all it stands for. It was a special project and I am grateful I was able to work on it.
Check out Heritage Associates LLC for a featured article about me and The LDS Conference Center 2nd edition. I was so thrilled to be interviewed and given such nice praise! It's a great feeling to be appreciated and complimented in this way.
4 comments:
Amy, way to go! I knew you were good at this kind of stuff but had no idea you worked on giant projects such as this. I couldn't stop as I started reading on the Heritage Associates blog. Facinating! What neat experiences shared by your father. Thank you so much for sharing.
That was so much fun to read your interview! What a talented woman you are.
Amy-zing, that's you.
ABC Meme: W
Wonderful aWe-inspiring woman! :)Well done!
Post a Comment