Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Textile Art



Real Simple had a great way of making awesome art out of one of my favorite things: FABRIC. Take a basic art canvas and upholster it with your favorite fabric. Simple and beautiful. I took this idea one step further. I had made a very basic quilt top that I never made into a quilt. I cut it up into three pieces and then framed them. One is in my guest W.C. and the other two are across the hall in the laundry room. I love how they turned out.

5 comments:

anna jo said...

that is a fabulous idea.

kelly said...

that really is a very cute idea. I may be copying it sometime in the near future. do you do alot of quilting?

Amy said...

This is my last quilt project and I did it almost two years ago. I just don't have time right now, but I'm itchin' to start stitchin' again.

Jake said...

will you make some for me???

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where my cabana shirts went...