Another Robinson BBQ happened today. Sco and I just can't get enough of eating outdoors. Yesterday Sco went to Costco, picked us up a pineapple, some asparagus, yellow peppers and steak. We drizzled olive oil over the veggies added some garlic and grilled them up. The asparagus charred quickly, but the peppers were so dang good. The steaks melted in our mouths. But the best part was the grilled pineapple. Sprinkled with brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger and heated through. . .to die for! Now we've come up with a great dessert idea for next time. How about making homemade ginger cookies, topping some with this grilled pineapple and then adding a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or orange sorbet. . .what do you think? Fabulous. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Sunday, April 29, 2007
BBQ Desserts
Another Robinson BBQ happened today. Sco and I just can't get enough of eating outdoors. Yesterday Sco went to Costco, picked us up a pineapple, some asparagus, yellow peppers and steak. We drizzled olive oil over the veggies added some garlic and grilled them up. The asparagus charred quickly, but the peppers were so dang good. The steaks melted in our mouths. But the best part was the grilled pineapple. Sprinkled with brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger and heated through. . .to die for! Now we've come up with a great dessert idea for next time. How about making homemade ginger cookies, topping some with this grilled pineapple and then adding a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or orange sorbet. . .what do you think? Fabulous. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Or you could invite us and we could find out for ourselves! Sounds awesome! And tell Sco I was sorry to see his empire go down. It was an irreplaceable civilization.
Post a Comment